MAYOR MARIA LAARNI L. CAYETANO has committed that under her leadership, all Taguigeños are special and all should be given fair opportunity to study, find work, and have a brighter future. “Lahat ng Taguigeno ay VIP at walang maiiwanan. Lahat may oportunidad”. She also believes that education is a crucial key to social progress and human development. Hence, the comprehensive Taguig City Scholarship Program was established under the Lifeline Assistance for Neighbors In-need (L.A.N.I.) Program in 2011. It has since grown and helped empower tens of thousands of families.
Taguig City’s L.A.N.I. Scholarship Program was established under City Ordinance Number 9, Series of 2011 and the issuance of the implementing guidelines under EO 2011-11 with an initial budget of P100 Million. Other appropriate issuances have been issued since then, and the budget has grown to accommodate all who are willing to study and work hard towards a better quality of life.
The Program was triggered by 3 key factors:
- Statistics showing that in the Philippines, of every 100 pupils that enters Grade 1, only around 65 finishes Grade 6, only 58 proceeds to high school, with only 42 graduating. Of the high school graduates, only 23 will enter college and only around 12 or 14 will eventually graduate. The Mayor wants complete access to basic education, and to significantly improve both the quantity and quality of our graduates, especially of our college graduates;
- A Taguig survey in 2009 showing that education and scholarship were among the Top 7 concerns of the residents; and
- The fact that Mayor Lani was a scholar and a working student in college. Through this Program, she can reach out and provide scholarships to thousands, who, some day may become the leaders of this City, and perhaps the country.
BASIC QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
- Bona fide resident of Taguig City for at least three (3) years immediately preceding the application. Must be a registered voter of the City if 18 years old or older, and with at least one of the parents also a registered voter of the City.
- Of good moral character both in paper and in deeds.
- Determined to finish the course or pass the bar/board examination.
- Committed to love and serve Taguig City.
L.A.N.I. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM TYPES
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Scholarship applicants are to fill out the L.A.N.I. Scholarship Application Google Forms during the Application Period. Information and links with regard to this are posted at the Taguig Scholarships Facebook Page.
Two photocopies of supporting documents are then required to be submitted at the Taguig Scholarship Office at specified dates, with original documents needed for verification. One set of photocopies will serve as the Receiving copy of the applicant. These supporting documents are:
WHEN AND WHERE TO APPLY?
With the new normal, scholarship information such as dates of online application, online application links (Google Forms), and other pertinent information are posted at the Taguig Scholarship Office’s Facebook account (Taguig Scholarships). Announcements are also posted there on when to submit hard copies of supporting documents at the Taguig Scholarship Office.
The Taguig Scholarship Office is located at the 2nd floor, Senator Renato “Compañero” Cayetano Memorial Science and Technology High School (SRCC or Cayetano Science HS), Pamayanang Diego Silang, Brgy. Ususan, Taguig City.
We prefer that students apply on their own, since this is their scholarship. We discourage scholar applicants in sending their lolo, lola, parents or anybody else to apply for them. There is no special lane for the elderly – maawa naman kayo sa kanila. Employees of the city/barangay are also NOT allowed to submit your application, or to follow up for you.
Information is also available at the City Government’s website: www.taguig.gov.ph, aside from the Taguig Scholarships Facebook Page. Scholars are encouraged to check these sites regularly for announcements and updates, such as schedule of application, schedule of allowance releasing, guidelines, and related matters. Online application links (Google Forms) are only opened during the Application Period.
MERIT INCENTIVES (FOR PREMIER, HONORS (FULL), PRIORITY, BASIC, SUC/LCU, and BASIC + SUC/LCU Scholars)
- For scholars with a general weighted average of “88.75%” or higher, or its equivalent, for the previous semester with at least 15 units earned, with no failing marks, incomplete, blank or no grade subjects, dropped subjects. Grades for P.E. & NSTP are not included in the computation.
- This is to encourage diligent study and foster excellence among students.
MAINTAINING THE SCHOLARSHIP
- To maintain the scholarship, scholars must fill out the online application form (GForm) during the application period and submit the required documents every semester. Semestral weighted average (SWA) for the duration of the scholarship covered should not be lower than 2.5, with no failing marks, incomplete, blank or no grade subjects, or dropped subjects, and must carry a load of at least 15 units per semester or its equivalent per trimester.
- For those with violations (self-monitoring is encouraged):
1st Offense – Probation / Warning
2nd Offense – Suspension from the scholarship for the semester
3rd Offense – Termination from the scholarship